WARNING TO PARENTS:
"SILVER" FILLINGS ARE REALLY
THE AMERICAN DENTAL ASSOCIATION
SAYS THEY ARE SAFE!
CONCERNED PARENTS SHOULD KNOW:
- MERCURY has been eliminated from all other
uses in the human body, including vaccines, disinfectants, and
other oral uses.
- All other health care associations support
full disclosure, while the American Dental Association hides
its use of MERCURY.
- The ADA receives money from MERCURY amalgam
manufacturers through its Seal of Acceptance program, in contrast
with the American Medical Association, which rejected taking
fees for product endorsements.
- The ADA holds patents on amalgam (since expired),
furthering its business interests by the continued use of MERCURY
- The ADA endorses pre-Civil War medicine,
saying amalgam is justified because its use began in 1850!
- The ADA says MERCURY dental fillings are
safe to use in children's teeth.
- In 1997, MERCURY amalgam filling manufacturer
Dentsply stated that MERCURY amalgam fillings are "contraindicated"
(meaning DO NOT USE) for children and pregnant women.
- The American Dental Association is still
calling MERCURY amalgam fillings "silver" and denies
MERCURY fillings can ever be dangerous!
- Federal and most state medical insurance
programs only pay for MERCURY fillings because they are the least
expensive, so poor people and poor children are especially at
- U.S. Public Health Service: The largest component
of amalgam is MERCURY.
ADA: Amalgam is "silver" fillings.
- U.S. Public Health Service: For most people,
the leading cause of MERCURY toxicity is amalgam fillings, not
ADA: You only get traces of MERCURY vapor in your body.
- U S Public Health Service: MERCURY is a dangerous
neuro-toxin; the MERCURY in amalgam goes to the brain, and to
a fetus through the placenta.
ADA: MERCURY exposure is like having an "allergy" to
dust or pollen!
- American Medical Association: Don't take
$$$ for endorsements.
ADA: Receives fees from MERCURY amalgam manufacturers while calling
For further information on this issue and
links to recent press coverage of the controversy with the ADA
and the dangers of Mercury in dentistry, please read the August
22 Page 1 article in the Chicago Tribune:
and visit: www.toxicteeth.net