New Page Title - Why ?

Originally My web page was called "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ? or Low Level Mercury Poisoning ?" The new title: "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ? or Chronic Mercury Poisoning ?" better reflects what I now understand about the cause and effects of my health problems.

This change in understanding compels me to use the new, more accurate title. Here is my reasoning.

1. There is published scientific evidence that indicates the accumulative mercury released by mercury amalgam fillings may not be all that low. A person who has 13 major mercury fillings installed, removed, and installed again, can very well have more than 250 milligrams of mercury pass into their body as vapor, particles, and soluble ions.

This estimate does not include the exposure during the removal process in the dental chair. Since Candida albicans in the GI track has the ability to methylize this mercury, it leaves me astounded at the resiliency of my body to take such abuse.

I'm impressed that everyone isn't sick! My new web page: "Where Does the Mercury Go ?", takes you through this point in detail.

2. Chronic is a better description of the nature of mercury poisoning from amalgam fillings. Let me explain this by comparing mercury exposure to rainfall where I live.

Portland, Oregon maintains a reputation for having lots of rain. The fact is we average about 36" per year. The usual exposure to rain in Portland is chronic. Not a lot of rain all at once, just a lot of days with a soft drizzle. Portland's chronic rain cover affects everything about the climate and surface geology of the area.

Now if Portland had all it's 36" of rain in one day each year, we'd have to call it acute rain. We'd be known as the land of flash floods. We'd be much more choosy about where our houses were built. The climate would be very different. The landscape would be rutted and scarred from water erosion. Statistically, the annual rainfall would be the same either way.

Don't be fooled, the chronic 36" of rain we actually get affects the shape of the land just as significantly as if it came all at once. The difference is that chronic rain is less devastating and more subtle and insidious in the ways it erodes the earth.

If peoples bodies saw 100's of milligrams of mercury released from amalgam and converted to methyl mercury in one day, societies view of amalgam safety would be unambiguous. Acute methyl mercury exposure of these quantities would cause people to commonly die from the mercury released.

Instead, mercury release from amalgams is a soft chronic drizzle into the body that erodes health in subtle and insidious ways. Acute mercury can kill you.

Chronic mercury is much more likely to leave you fatigued, debilitated and depressed. In the end, mercury's continual disruption of your bodies chemical processes may well be the cause for something else to kill you.  


Back to Main Page



Copyright ©1996 / 1997 Jeff Clark